Rickett Architects Ltd are looking for an experienced flexible architectural technician to join our friendly practice based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
All our architects are corporate members of RIBA and committed to providing professional architectural services to the highest standards. We have designed and managed a huge variety of residential and commercial projects and central to the practice is a refreshing enthusiasm that makes working with us rewarding and enjoyable.
Job Title: Intermediate architectural technician
This is a contract position based on fixed price per job basis offering flexible working arrangements allowing you to work on your own private jobs using office facilities.
OR We would be prepared to put the right candidate on a full time position if that suited better after a 3 month trial period.
What we offer:
Office space, work station , office support and facilities, and homemade cake on occasion.
- Preparing and submitting planning & building regulations applications.
- Producing detailed technical drawings using the in-office drawing standards for building regulations applications and tender packages ranging from £150,000 to £25m. Reviewing and checking your own and others production information.
- Assisting lead architects in production of project specific drawing & supporting information.
- Managing and liaising with members of the design team including engineers, quantity surveyors, M&E designers, contractors etc.
- Using Autocad, Revit, Sketchup, Photoshop and the Office package to produce project specific detail and information.
- Attend site to meet with clients, contractors etc to assist with queries, check work quality & site progress. Prepare notes and reports as required to record relevant project information.
- Provide general administrative support to the practice and as required by the team.
- At least 5 years practical experience as an architectural technician.
- Good working knowledge of the building regulations and planning system.
- Sound communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Excellent IT skills, which must include Autocad and Microsoft Office.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to problem solve and critically analyse projects, raising issues with your project lead.
- Full, preferably clean, driving licence with own transport.
- Experience of using Revit, Sketchup & Photoshop.
- Sense of humour 🙂
In the first instance please send CV to email@example.com
Look forward to meeting you.
This post was written by Laura Shuckburgh